Extremely Thick Acrylic Gel
- Extremely thick, extra heavy body. The thickest 'clear' gel.
- Very dense, with high surface drag for a stiff 'oil-like' feel.
- Dries clear to translucent depending on thickness of the application.
- Very little shrinkage during drying time.
- Excellent adhesion for collage and mixed media.
- Extends paint, increases brilliance and transparency.
- Keeps paint working longer than other gel mediums.
- Flexible, non-yellowing and water resistant when dry.
Application as a Heavy Bodied Extender:
- Mix with Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color or Liquitex Heavy Body Professional Artist Color to increase color viscosity, body, extend volume, increase transparency and color brilliance.
Application as a Ground:
- When creating a sculptural ground, be sure to use adequate pressure to force the gel into the raw canvas to ensure proper bonding. Apply paint over the gel after the gel is dry.
Application as a Collage:
- Excellent adhesion for collage and decoupage.
Application with Powdered Pigments and other Aggregates:
- Be careful not to include too many foreign materials as to jeopardize the strength of the acrylic paint film. Be sure they are compatible with acrylic emulsion.
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive 'student grade' extra-heavy viscosity (thick) gloss acrylic paint. Pigments must be compatible with acrylic emulsion.
|To use with||Acrylic|
|Size||473 ml (16 oz)|
|Mediums : Gloss||Gloss|
|Mediums : Viscosity||Very Thick|
|Mediums : Transparency||Transparent|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||N/A|