Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 37ml : Zinc White
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Zinc White: The most transparent white, Zinc is recommended for glazing, scumbling and alla prima painting. Compared with all other whites, Zinc White has less hiding power. Zinc White dries slowly, so painters who want to paint wet into wet over a long time will find it useful. Because it's brittle, painters should not consider it as a general painting white unless painting on panel.
While most ranges of oil paint contain two or three whites, Gamblin produce ten: nine from their Artist Oil Range plus one FastMatte White Alkyd Oil Paint. For more information about the different white paints produced by Gamblin, please see our comparison article on the Jackson?s Blog.
Pigment: Zinc oxide (PW 4)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 1, SEMI-TRANSPARENT
|To use with||Oil|
|Size||37 ml (1.25 oz)|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||None|