Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 37ml : Van Dyke Brown
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Van Dyke Brown: Warmest Gamblin black. Good glazing color and useful for adding "gallery tone." Gamblin Van Dyke Brown, named for the great painter who loved this dark transparent color, matches the 18th c. original in masstone and tint but ours, unlike the peat moss-based original, is a permanent color.
Pigment: Bone black, iron oxide (PBk 9, PBr 7)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 1, SEMI-TRANSPARENT
|To use with||Oil|
|Size||37 ml (1.25 oz)|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||Ivory Black PBk 9 – Carbonised Bone|