Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 37ml : Ultramarine Violet
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Ultramarine Violet: Mineral color that greys into the colors of the natural world. Warmer than Cobalt Violet, cooler than Manganese Violet and more transparent than either, Ultramarine Violet is one of many specialty pigments made by German chemists during the color revolution of the 19th century.
Pigment: Complex silicate of sodium & aluminum with sulfur (PV 15)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 2, TRANSPARENT
|To use with||Oil|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||None|