Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 37ml : Terre Verte
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Terre Verte: Historically used as a bole for gilding and as underpainting for flesh tones in Medieval painting (verdaccio), Terre Verte, or green earth, was made from volcanic celadonite and/or a mineral of sedimentary origin; Robert Gamblin mixed this color because true natural green earth pigment is unpredictable in color and availability. Gamblin Terre Verte is an excellent color for grisaille; it has a weak masstone and very muted tint.
Pigment: Natural hydrated iron oxide, hydrated chromium oxide, bone black (PY 43, PG 18, PBk 9)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 2, TRANSPARENT
|To use with||Oil|
|Size||37 ml (1.25 oz)|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||Ivory Black PBk 9 – Carbonised Bone|