Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 37ml : Prussian Blue
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Prussian Blue: First synthetic color of the Industrial Revolution, discovered by accident in 1704 while a chemist was trying to formulate artificial crimson. Cool blue with more muted tint than Phthalo Blue. It has a high tinting strength, is lightfast, and is especially beautiful in its transparency.
Pigment: Ferri-ammonium ferrocyanide (PB 27:1)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 2, SEMI-TRANSPARENT
View PDF Gamblin Artists Oil Phthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Prussian Blue, Ultramarine Violet Data Sheet
|To use with||Oil|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||None|