Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 37ml : Mars Black
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Mars Black: Slightly warm in its tint, this leanest (more matte) black dries more quickly than Ivory Black. Though not as black as Ivory Black, Mars Black has approximately three times the tinting strength and is very opaque. Cool in its masstone and strong, Mars Black is often the choice of the Neo-Expressionists and others who want to make black opaque marks in thick wet paintings.
Pigment: Synthetic black iron oxide (PBk 11)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 1, OPAQUE
|To use with||Oil|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||None|