Gamblin : Artist Oil Paint : 150ml : Titanium White
- 97 colours available, grouped by eras of pigment history: Classical, Impressionist, and 20th Century
- Combines the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints with the latest technical innovations
- Range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues
- High pigment load, low oil absorption
- Most pigments available in a warm and cool version
When creating their Artists? Oil Colors, Gamblin were mindful not only of how an artist works, but also of an artist?s working environment. Gamblin Artists? Oils have the best qualities of traditionally made oils paints, combined with the latest technical innovations, to give the ultimate working properties. The Artists? Oil range spans from historically accurate paints to modern, synthetically derived hues.
Titanium White: Reflecting 97.5% of all available light, this most opaque white is the perfect choice for direct painting. Monet would have loved it because he wanted his paintings to look soft, like velvet. The covering power of Titanium White is useful for creating opaque layers, but T-Z White is preferable for color-mixing.
While most ranges of oil paint contain two or three whites, Gamblin produce ten: nine from their Artist Oil Range plus one FastMatte White Alkyd Oil Paint. For more information about the different white paints produced by Gamblin, please see our comparison article on the Jackson?s Blog.
Pigment: Titanium dioxide (PW 6)
Binder: Alkali refined linseed oil
Lightfastness I, Series 1, OPAQUE
|To use with||Oil|
|Size||150 ml (5 oz)|
|Animal Derived Ingredient||None|